Show us your civic pride and help clean up our region
Restore community pride and help clean up our region on Sunday, September 16 in the Great Northern Clean-Up.
Waste, Health and Regulatory Services portfolio councillor Laurence Bonaventura has challenged his fellow councillors to take part in the Great Northern Clean Up.
“It’s the perfect time of year to get together with friends and do some spring cleaning.”
“I will be teaming up with students from Pioneer High School to clean up the area and the remaining councillors will tackle Broadsound Road to see who can collect the most amount of rubbish.”
“The Great Northern Clean Up provides us with a chance to show our community spirit and tackle the ongoing litter problem across the region,” he said.
“I invite you to join me on Sunday, September 16 and help make a difference at our registered Clean Up sites.”
The Great Northern Clean Up runs from 8am to 10am and is being held at the following council registered sites:
- Eimeo Esplanade Reserve - Eimeo Esplanade Reserve, Eimeo
- East Point (recommended 4WD only) - Pioneer River, East Point
- Goose Ponds - Between the Goose Ponds bridge and the Bowls Club on Malcomson Street
- Grasstree Beach Township - Grasstree Beach Fire Brigade
- Harbour Beach - Mulherin Park next to the Surf Club on East Point Dr.
- Lamberts Beach - Lamberts Beach picnic hut, Pacific Esplanade
- Northwall Beach (The Harbour) - Northwall Beach car park, Edmund Casey Drive
- Riverside Drive - Sams Road end of Riverside Drive
- Sarina Beach - The Esplanade Park, Sarina
Other community registered sites
- Armstrong Beach - Llewellyn Hall, Armstrong Beach Road
- Campwin Beach - Picnic area at Campwin Beach
To be a part of the Great Northern Clean Up simply turn up to a registered site wearing closed-in shoes and sturdy gloves and slip, slop, slap!
For further details please visit council’s website.
Share on Facebook
Contact: Mackay Regional Council
Phone: 1300 MACKAY (1300 622 529)
Published: 06 Sep 2012